Welcome to file manager and collection creator for Sony e-readers home!
This project was originally created and maintained by the-ebook and MobileRead
Uroboros (SourceForge.net user yiselieren).
You could still look at his old project. There is a brief description of program features there
as well as links to old binaries and sources.
Unfortunately last version (version 1.11) was produced long time ago.
Since Sony keeps new e-readers coming he suggested that starting with version 1.12 project should be maintained here so more people could contribute.
License: This program is open source software. Its source code is under the GNU 3 license.
Current mngr505 version is 1.12
Current mngr650 version is 1.17
Work on Sony PRS-T1 has reached an important milestone. Stable release is available - take a look
Work on Sony PRS-T2 has reached an important milestone. Stable release is available - take a look
You could download binaries for various platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac) from here.
For 1st and 2nd generation of Sony e-readers (505,300,600,700,900) you will need mngr505. For newer 3rd generation devices you will need mngr650.
Sources for the project are available from our SVN repository. Released
versions are under builds tree,
trunk is used for ongoing development and mngr505
contains unmodified Uroboros code for version 1.11.
Here eventually would be project's WiKi.
1.17 (mngr650 only)
- Changed how path separators are handled during conversion process. Path separators will always be translated into OS native format.
1.16 (mngr650 only)
- Added new configuration setting: "Do not scan database directories". If selected - known directories used by device to keep miscelaneous files (thumbnails, layouts, e.t.c) would not be scanned for books. This speeds up collection creation significantly.
1.15 (mngr650 only)
- Fixed Windows build - there was a number of IO issues related to mix of static and dynamic run-times
- Removed regular expression to shorten collection name. To avoid user confusion regular expression field is now empty
- Fixed number of small cosmetic items
1.14 (mngr650 only)
- Generic settings are on a single page now
- There is no FB2LRF and EPUB converters - generic "Converter" page to run any program could be used instead
- Added setting for separate EPUB Viewer
- Completly removed internal EPUB conversion code
- Fixed incompatibility of some viewers on Windows with Unix style path separators
- Default FB2LRF converter on Windows switched to command line one (fb2lrf_c)
1.13 (mngr650 only)
- Cleaned menu - enumerate/unenumerate
- Fixed configuration storing (str2ini and ini2str). EPUB profile now should work correctly.
- Translation of underscores to spaces in collection names is now separate checkbox in configuration
- Default regular expression for collection names will now attempt to shorten first part of resulting name (shorter collection names)
- Implemented rudimentary thumbnail management (EPUB, LRF. FB2) to allow thumbnails generation during collection creation on computer - not on the device.
- Support for 3rd generation of Sony devices
- Proper un-mounting of USB devices (Windows)
- Better support for EPUB files
- Various bug fixes
This project was registered on SourceForge.net on Oct 26, 2010